February 3, 2010

Insanity Work Out DVD Results

At the end of each week that I had done the Insanity work out DVD, I had measured the circumference around my calves, thighs, hips, waist and arms.

I wanted to measure every factor, to see if I was losing any weight and fat. And, if I was, I wanted to know at what rate the fat and pounds were shedding. I also took before and after pictures so I could compare and visually see if this work out DVD was living up to its claims.

It makes a world of a difference to see visually with numbers throughout the work out, but you have to make sure you are not getting too neurotic and checking every day. Progress that is realistic is steady and consistent, and it does not happen overnight with any work out program.

I found that after three weeks, I began to shrink in numbers. The shrinkage was small but consistent every week, and as each week added up with each work out I did with each DVD every day, the loss was more obvious.

My clothes were feeling looser by this time, and my hunger was increasing throughout the day. My body became a cardio machine in and of itself, burning the entire day and craving fuel and energy. Every two to three hours my stomach would be growling and demanding something for me to feed it.

To compliment the set of cardio work out DVDs, the Insanity exercise program included a nutrition book. Complete with menus, recipes, and multiple substitution options I could choose for my 5-6 meals of the day.

Unlike many other work out DVD programs, this was one of the few that emphasized nutrition and actually supplemented a visual guide to make it even less stressful on the brain.

The nutrition guide actually encouraged eating carbs (as long as they were whole grain wheat carbs). The emphasis was on a balanced meal of carbs, proteins and fats because of the aggressive cardio and energy-burning. The body actually needs the carbs to fuel the fat burning since the exercise is that intense.

I was able to eat egg white omelettes with veggies, almond butter and jelly sandwiches, deli meats and cheeses with multigrain crackers. Yum!

No comments: