February 1, 2010

A Work Out DVD Called Insanity

work out programs,  work out DVD, work out
In all of my years of testing and trying out work out DVDs, never had I been pushed to my fitness limits until this one. I never saw such steady and consistent measurable fat loss every week thus far. I thought I had a great work out using DVDs involving pilates, aerobics, yoga, and weight-lifting (like P90X), but since I stumbled upon the Insanity cardio program I have thought otherwise.

Now, I will not discount the value of doing pilates and aerobics, as I have gained a lot of stamina and energy from doing such exercise routines. I usually always break somewhat of a sweat and always take water breaks.

And, I always honor and respect the philosophy of yoga and all that it does beyond any work out program, as it has touched me spiritually inside and out. There is nothing more empowering than to touch every muscle of my body within the confines of my yoga mat that I have put the day-to-day stresses on (including doing these intense work out exercises in front of my TV).

But, in the world of fitness and the world of desiring muscle definition and fat loss within a short period of time, I myself have fallen victim to believing that I could magically achieve just that within a matter of weeks. Who hasn't thought or wished that they could shed their muffin top of body fat before the upcoming beach party?

Reality must kick in for us all, because it is not possible to shed even 2 inches of fat from any work out program in that short amount of time. However, it is a different story if you are aiming for 2-3 months. That's 8-12 weeks. And this work out DVD that I have tried for over 4 weeks has proven to me that the fat is going to go!

So, what is this "Insanity" work out DVD that I mentioned earlier in this post? If you have seen all of those P90X work out DVD infomercials on the TV, or Hip Hop Abs, or any other cardio and weight-lifting program from Beachbody, then Insanity would be one of the recent additions.

I had heard about the Insanity work out program by perusing some message board forums on the internet while reading up on P90X post-workout tips. I had just finished P90X a few months prior to and wanted to find a cardio type of program where I did not need any dumb bells, resistance bands, or pull-up bars. I just didn't want to keep lugging equipment into my living room, but I wanted results I hadn't really been seeing for a long time.

When I saw the preview, I had never seen pools of sweat on the floor before. I never even saw so many people in the DVD taking so many breaks. I was so accustomed to seeing everyone in the DVD gym with smiles permanently plastered on their faces. I was so used to seeing people on the screen somehow finishing the entire work out without crapping out.

The title of the Insanity work out DVD program is pretty self-explanatory!! It is genuinely insane, or requires you to be that crazy to finish the program. It isn't for everyone, really. But, the program is only 60 days long. The creator, Shaun T, declares that your body will reach a level of health, shape and fitness that would take you one entire year in the gym to get.

The work out DVD program consists of a set of 10 DVDs, with 10 different cardio exercises. The Insanity program incorporates a type of cardio training called "Max Interval Training", and each work out lasts from 50 to 80 minutes.

No comments: